April Vance, BSN, MSPT
April Vance provides ergonomic consultations for companies large and small, as well as the individual. Her goal is always to mitigate risk from repetitive injuries in the office. She specializes in the recognition and recovery from Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI’s) commonly found in today’s office setting.April Vance is a successful entrepreneur and business professional with more than 35 years of combined healthcare experience as an ergonomic specialist, physical therapist, and registered nurse. She received her Master of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of Miami with specialization in the care and treatment of the neck and back. Prior to this, she was a top rated registered nurse receiving her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Tennessee.
April is a published author of a case study for the Journal of Physical Therapy (a peer reviewed journal) and has been the subject of several published articles.
April specializes in the following:
- Educating both workers and management to protect their productivity and their health by working smarter.
- Reducing exposure to ergonomic hazards by learning how their habits and postures affect their pain patterns.
- Customized assessments (one-on-one) to address the individuals’ immediate needs.
- Classroom training and online video resources to enhance existing ergonomic programs.
- Objective equipment assessments for work stations, desks, chairs etc.