In addition to guest appearances on local and national television programs to promote and educate the public on workplace ergonomics, Ms. Vance’s published works include the following:
- Interviewed for BioMechanics magazine’s March 2007 issue on “Back Care and Commuting” View Article
- Profiled in the January 22, 2007 ADVANCE magazine for physical therapists as a recognized “Out of the Box” thinker. View Article
- Interviewed for National Federation of Independent Business’s February 2005 issue of its’ E-Zine for the “Business Toolbox” segment commenting on office chairs.
- Case study research published in the peer reviewed Journal of Physical Therapy, September 1996. View Article
- Guest Lecturer at Belmont University Physical Therapy School – Subject of Ergonomics
- Guest Lecturer at Belmont University School of Music – Subject of Ergonomics
- Created and delivered a CEU rated lecture to American Society of Interior Designers members in Nashville entitled Ergonomics: Design of the Home Office
- Casual lectures – Lunch N Learns
She has published works such as a case study for the Journal of Physical Therapy and featured articles in numerous magazine publications.
For more than two decades, April has provided ergonomic consultations for insurance companies, law firms, universities, corporations, small businesses and has worked one-on-one with individuals. She specializes in the recognition and recovery from Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI’s), commonly found in today’s office setting.
Repetitive Injuries (RSI’s) or Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD’s) affect one in every four people in the U.S. workforce.
For inquiries on speaking or other questions, contact April Vance.